Friday, April 19, 2013

Rainbow Stamp Block Technique


     Rose-Ellen Crane Eastman did a presentation at the Baltimore Regional last weekend.  Her presentation was WONDERFUL!!!!  I was so excited at what she showed us, that I immediately tried it when I got home, then designed a card for my Stampin' Nite this past Thursday evening.  Everyone LOVED it!


     What do you think?  Do you like it?  It was super simple to make.  So simple, I'll provide you with a mini tutorial to make one.

MINI TUTORIAL

     You must start with Very Vanilla card stock (trust me, Whisper White does not work).  You'll need a Stampin' Up! clear block that is larger than your card stock.  Using your markers, color your design, using the wide tip of the marker, on the clear block.  Using a Stampin' Spritzer filled with water, spray the the marker colored block, soaking it - yet not too much that all the color just runs off the block.  Turn the block over and place it on top of the Very Vanilla card stock and let the color and water soak in.  Remove the block and allow the card stock to dry.  Once dry, use Stazon to stamp on your rainbow background.

     While the ladies where doing their rainbow backgrounds, I grabbed several different stamp sets to let them choose (they love to be original and I love that they are original with their cards).  When I was pulling out stamps, I happened to pull out a new stamp that was delivered 15 minuted before my class started.  I pulled it out to mount it and went, "WOW! This would be gorgeous stamped on this rainbow background."  What do you think?


     I simply LOVE how these cards turned out.  I know I will be using this technique often.  Thank you
Rose-Ellen Crane Eastman for the wonderful technique!

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Very Vanilla & Basic Black

MARKERS:  Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pacific Point, & Elegant Eggplant

INKS:  Stazon Black

STAMPS:  Lacy & Lovely (top card) & Swallowtail (bottom card)

TOOLS:  Clear Mount Block F, Stampin' Spritzer (filled with water), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (top card)

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     I hope you give this technique a try.  It was so much fun and the look is just gorgeous!

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels